I meet many men and women whose bad dating habits reduce their chances of finding a good mate and having a successful marriage. My book Ms. Typed: Discover Your True Dating Personality and Rewrite Your Romantic Future describes ten dating personalities that can sabotage love and prevent couples from taking that walk down the aisle. I gave each dating type a name that explains their dating challenge. Do any of these types sound like you?
• Ms. Second Place: She allows herself to be a low priority in a man’s life.
• Ms. Sex Machine: She settles for physical intimacy when she really wants an emotional connection.
• Ms. Soul Mate: She so wants to be in love that she mistakes every date for “the one.”
• Ms. Drama Queen: She only dates bad boys and unavailable men.
• Ms. Mom: She makes it a priority to fix her man’s life instead of her own.
• Ms. Anaconda: She’s so needy, she suffocates every man she dates.
• Ms. Independent: She’s been hurt before and won’t let her guard down.
• Ms. Perfect: She thinks she’s too good for every man.
• Ms. Bag Lady: She allows her “emotional baggage” to sabotage her dates.
• Ms. Rose-Colored Glasses: She ignores the truth about her mate and only sees what she wants to see.
These types describe some of the most common mistakes women make in relationships. If any of these types describe you, don’t despair…you can change your dating present and future. You just need to work on leaving the past behind and focus on adopting healthier dating habits. The happier and healthier you are, the more you increase your chances of finding a compatible mate and having a successful marriage.
If you are hoping to experience wedlock, instead of deadlock, it’s time for you to figure out how your dating personality is sabotaging your relationships and become the type of woman you were meant to be!
If you are a man who is dating Ms. Typed, don’t give up. Your dating type is not like your blood type, it can change! However, it will take some time and patience to break old habits, so if you know that she is a keeper with a few issues, then hang in there. If she doesn’t seem ready for a relationship, don’t force it. Instead, try to find someone with whom you are more compatible in the long run.
Don’t think I forgot about the issues men face—that’s just another topic for a different day! Each of the women described above is often pursued by a man who could use a dating makeover himself!
For more information on how you can get “wedlock” ready, check out my book Ms. Typed: Discover Your True Dating Personality and Rewrite Your Romantic Future. It includes a Ms. Typed Makeover Kit to help you identify which thoughts and behaviors may be standing between you and your future groom, and shows you how to get ready to be with the love of your life.